- All dry beans grown in Colorado are subject to an assessment. This includes garbanzo/chickpeas and black-eyed peas/cowpeas.
- The assessment rate for bean sales is $.12/cwt. The producer portion is $.08/cwt and the handler portion is $.04/cwt.
- Please file a quarterly assessment summary report and mail a check within 45 days after the end of each calendar quarter.
- If you do not have any sales for two consecutive quarters, please file a report showing no sales for the period as long as you remain an active bean handler. You can email us at ColoradoBeans@gmail.com to report no sales in a six month period.
- If a grower wants an assessment refund, have them mail or email us an application for refund along with documentation that shows the cwt, amount and date of the assessment. The request should be made within 90 days of the sale. Email forms to ColoradoBeans@gmail.com or mail to:
Colorado Dry Bean Committee
30114 Eagles Ridge
Buena Vista, CO 81211
- Please retain your assessment summary forms and proof of payment for at least two years. The Colorado Department of Agricultural Inspection includes compliance with assessment reporting in its audits.
- If you have any questions about the forms or reporting requirements, please call Bob Schork, CDBC Manager, at 303-903-2004 or email us at ColoradoBeans@gmail.com.