Mayocoba beans are one of the main beans we grow here in Colorado. Colleen Ferreira just shared this recipe and video for Buffalo Beans, to showcase how delicious these beans are!
Colleen shares, “A twist on your favorite traditional buffalo wings, these buffalo beans are an incredible plant-based option to enjoy football game day. All the kick of buffalo sauce plus gobs of cheese, makes this dish irresistible!”
Buffalo BeansDifficulty: Easy
A twist on your favorite traditional buffalo wings, these buffalo beans are an incredible plant-based option to enjoy football game day. All the kick of buffalo sauce plus gobs of cheese, makes this dish irresistible! – Colleen
1 cup cooked Colorado-grown Mayocoba beans
¾ cup – 1 cup buffalo sauce
1 lb Havarti cheese, shredded or sliced
1 cup whipped cream cheese or full fat sour cream
½ cup diced red onion or green onion
½ cup chopped cilantro
Lettuce cups for serving
- In a bowl, combine beans with buffalo sauce, onions and cilantro.
- Stir well, then mash the mixture until some beans are all mashed up and some are still whole.
- Using a skillet or baking dish, lay a few slices of havarti cheese on the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon about two tablespoons of cream cheese over the cheese.
- Layer over ¼ cup of the bean mixture over the cheeses.
- Repeat the steps until all the beans have been used, making sure the top layer is cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes until the mixture is bubbling.
- Place skillet under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese on top is brown and crispy.
- To serve, scoop mixture out with a spoon and into mini lettuce boats.
More Mayocoba Bean Recipes
Mayocoba beans are buttery, creamy, and oh-so delicious! Looking for more Mayocoba bean recipes? Here are some ideas.