The Colorado Dry Bean Committee is thrilled to announce the first official Colorado Bean Week! Governor Jared Polis has proclaimed September 18 – 24, 2023 as Colorado Bean Week. Join us in celebrating!
As you can see in the State of Colorado Proclamation below, beans are amazing for a wide variety of reasons, including their importance to Colorado agriculture and how they can provide big wins for both environmental and human health.
How to Celebrate Colorado Bean Week?
Are you looking for ways to join in the celebration of Colorado Bean Week this September? Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Enjoy Colorado beans in the kitchen. If you’re looking for recipe inspiration, we’ve got you covered! Explore our delicious recipe ideas here.
- Watch this farm-to-table video about Colorado beans. This video shares the story of Colorado beans being made into tasty, healthy, local products.
- Browse our past events to see what Colorado Beans has “bean” up to. We have done some fun events, like the Bean Summit and participating in CSU Ag Day. Come join us at future events!
- Follow us on social media. We share photos from the field and recipe ideas, keep you up-to-date about upcoming events, and more. You can find us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Continue the celebration! Colorado Bean Week is a reminder of how important beans are to local food systems, and how they can support both human and environmental health. The party shouldn’t stop after September 24th, though. Consider making Colorado beans a regular part of your routine.
Happy Colorado Bean Week, everyone! Thank you for supporting local bean growers and processors!