What could be more fun than events that revolve around beans? Come join us to celebrate their delicious diversity, learn, network with others in the Bean World, and more.
If you would like us to email you about upcoming events, please subscribe to our newsletter.
- Bean Summit 2023: We hosted this farm to fork event in collaboration with the Nebraska Dry Bean Commission and Wyoming Bean Commission. Check here for a summary of the day, the delicious recipes from the chefs, photos, videos, and more!
- Cool Beans Colorado Bean Showcase: In August of 2022, we held this event at Origin Hotel Red Rocks. This event was funded in cooperation with the Colorado Department of Agriculture and USDA’s Specialty Crop Block Grant Program. We heard the behind-the-scenes story of incredible Colorado Proud farm-to-table pinto bean value-added products. Plus, five amazing chef and university student teams partnered to showcase Fiesta Beans (a zesty kettle cooked bean) and Rocky Mountain Pinto Tempeh in delicious and creative ways. It is truly amazing what you can do with Colorado pinto beans!
- Colorado Bean Summit (2022): The first-ever Colorado Bean Summit was held at Metropolitan State University in Denver on March 4, 2022. We enjoyed delicious bean dishes and dove into the most up-to-date information on nutrition and health while also exploring dry bean culture. Plus, professional chefs competed in a cooking competition, and students were awarded prizes for recipe and poster submissions. It was an absolutely amazing event – check out videos of the cooking competition, Governor Polis’s opening remarks, and more here!
- Pairing of the Vines: Barber’s Foods and the Colorado Dry Bean Committee held the first “Pairing of the Vines” event at Bonacquisti Winery in North Denver on October 15, 2021. The featured Colorado grown beans served up with Colorado small batch, hand-crated wines made at Bonacquisti Winery.
- Bean Recipe Contest: Chef Jackson Lamb of Metropolitan State University of Denver conducted a recipe contest for Hospitality students in 2021. There were multiple rounds, and the students delivered excellent and creative dishes. Barber’s Farms and the Colorado Dry Bean Committee provided prize money as a thank you for their enthusiasm about beans and recognition of their tasty efforts! Check out their recipes here.