This recipe from Colleen Ferreira is perfect for the holiday season! Pinto Bean Ginger Snaps are full of flavor, and they are a fun way to use beans in baking. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Pinto Bean Ginger SnapsCourse: Recipes
“You can’t beat a cookie that’s full of locally grown goodness. Our Pinto Bean Ginger Snaps are made with Colorado dry beans grown right here in our state. The cookies are sweet, spicy, crispy and chewy – a perfect treat for the holidays!” – Colleen Ferreira
1 cup cooked pinto beans, unsalted
1 standard box of spice cake mix
1 tbsp ground ginger
¼ cup molasses
3 tbsp oil
About a ½ cup flour
White sugar, for rolling cookies
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- If the cookie dough seems wet, add in a few tablespoons of flour and blend again.
- Keep adding flour if necessary until a cookie dough forms.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and create a tube shape with the dough.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove wrap and cut thin slices from the dough.
- Dip each cookie slice in white sugar and lay on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes until golden and crisp on the outside.
More Baking with Beans
Here are a couple other great recipes to enjoy baking with beans!