Have you tried making donut batter with beans yet? If not, you won’t believe how delicious it is! Check out this fantastic, delicious recipe from Colleen Ferreira. Enjoy a batch of these baked bean donuts soon!
Toasted Coconut Mayocoba Bean DonutsCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
There’s just something about Mayocoba beans. If you’ve cooked with them before, you know exactly what I’m talking about: creamy, full of flavor and so versatile. And it’s those very beans that make this donut simply irresistible. The beans act like sour cream in this recipe – giving the donuts that undeniable creamy texture that pairs so well with the toasty, crunchy coconut on top. – Colleen
1 box vanilla cake mix
2 cups cooked Mayocoba beans (about ¾ to 1 cup dry)
1 can coconut cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup canola oil
Icing/toasted coconut flakes
- Soak your dry Colorado dry
- Simmer beans in plain water, once cooked, let them cool.
- Strain and put them into a blender.
- Add in all other ingredients to the blender, except the icing. Blend until smooth.
- Grease donut pan well, then pour batter from blender into the donut pan, filling each half way.
- Bake directly on oven rack at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool, then remove donuts from pan to continue cooling.
- Dip each donut in icing and top with toasted, golden brown coconut. Enjoy!